Sunday, April 10, 2016

make it! picture fridge magnets



I am a big fan of the love taza blog. I have been reading her blog for a number of years now and following her and her husband on instagram. Their lifestyle is very fun and upbeat. In a couple of her posts, here & here, you can catch a glimpse of the dishwasher in their kitchen that has a bunch of picture magnets. I love my instagram pictures a lot and I am always looking for sweet ways to actually make prints of my photos these days, because not too many people make prints anymore! 

One time when I was making some prints through Photolab.ca, I noticed they had a print selection 
of 4x4 prints. I knew that these would not be as small as the ones on the dishwasher, but I was willing to order them to see what they looked like. Photolab is my favorite print service. Sign up for their emails so you can get updates about deals and promotions. You can also get free delivery to your local superstore and you have the option to pay in store for your prints. I got my first patch of prints late last summer and I just ordered my second batch to add some to our "new to us" kitchen.

 Once I got my prints, there are a couple simple things you can do to 
turn them into your own fridge magnets.
This step probably isn't 100% necessary, but if you have worked in childcare like I have, you like to use a laminator for pretty much everything you make! If you have children, you know that sometimes hands can be a little dirty or greasy. If you laminate your prints you won't have to worry about them getting wrecked. My mom has a laminator for work and I used scotch laminating sheets. I put 
about 4 pictures in each sheet.  
After your prints have gone through the laminator, cut the prints down to your desired boarder size. 
I like to leave about a 1/4 inch on mine so the 
pictures stand out on our white fridge. 

The craft section at dollar stores is your friend, your best friend. Look for these individual magnets compared to magnetic strips. I used magnetic strips with super glue for the first batch I made and the magnets have not stayed on as well as the individual magnets. I use superglue to put them on but a glue gun would work great too.


And voila! You've got your own cute fridge magnets and you didn't have to pay 
more than $10 for them ;)

No comments: